Tuesday 29 November 2011

Global Coffee Shortage... arrrrggghhh!!

That's right.. just read it this morning. Due to a global coffee bean shortage.. mostly with Arabica Beans.. coffee is about to skyrocket in price.

So now might be a good time to grab what you like.. by the Kilogram that is.

I can't imagine a world with no Coffee..... no electricity I can handle.. no fuel for cars I can handle.. no fresh fruit and veg at the grower's market... well, I could almost handle that.

But Coffee.. my favourite addiction.. my morning friend.. my go to when stressed drinky.. yeah yeah I know it doesn't relax anyone but it is Coffee.... and a world without Coffee is a place I do not want to be.. if I had the choice.

I'm going to miss Coffee, more than I ever missed the ex-wife all those years ago.. maybe even more than I will miss the girly-monster when she leaves home.. and definitely more than I miss Sex.

There.. I said it.

What is the world coming to when a 52 year old.. who does not feel that old.. prefers Coffee to Sex.

Seriously.. Coffee has no expectations of you.. Coffee won't roll over and say goodnight when you aren't ready to sleep yet.. Coffee won't leave a wet spot for you to sleep on.. who drinks coffee in bed anyway?

You get my drift.. Coffee.. the single most important thing in the History of the world.. lol... okay.. single most important thing in the world next to the invention of the Wheel.. and maybe Bread.. oh and comfy beds.....

And you know I forget what Sex is .... why we like it so much.. I even forgot the days when you could have some without all the baggage people want to hoist onto your shoulders these days just to get a bit .. sadly anough the drama you have to go through these days for a little bit is seriously not worth it.

Oh.. back to Coffee.. the more important issue here today... because it is a global shortage threatening to ruin the enjoyment and dare I say.. Total Happiness of Coffee lovers everywhere.

Now.. if we could just get the Americans to make GOOD Coffee, things in the world would be right.. they might not need to play Global Bully-Boy if they could make a decent cup of Coffee?

Am I right or am I a crazy old coot?

ps.. did I say how much I love Coffee?

No comments:

Post a Comment