Tuesday 24 July 2012

Vinnies don't do Lay Buy !

Here's a sign of the times folks... another in a very long line of things to notice if you can that show us where we are in the big scheme of things.

St. Vinnies.. the place were so many of Australia's poor buy used clothing and furniture.. since that is all they can afford to buy.. has stopped allowing Lay-Buy since January this year !!

Seriously folks.

I went in to lay-buy a decent entertainment unit and was told flat out that they don't do lay-by. I asked since when and the old woman told me since January.

Then I asked her, "How are poor people supposed to buy stuff then ?"

I got no reply.. just a look.

This little snippet should tell you how bad things are getting when St. Vincent DePaul can't help the poor anymore to get furniture items... one small cog in the bigger machine.. and that cog isn't doing it's job anymore. Read what you will from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment