Sunday 20 May 2012

Got the shytes...

On an Aussie bike riders forum I saw a thread where people were asked.. "If a fortune teller told you that you would definately die riding motorcycles, would you still ride or give it up?"

All was good for a little bit then I noticed more and more replies saying things like, "fortune tellers are a load of crap", and, "They need their head punched in." I wondered why so many were so hostile about people like Me.

So after a day or two thinking about it I wrote a new thread starter called, "More things in heaven and earth than in your...", where I asked why people thought those things, and then told them two things about me that my friend's know about me. I did this to see how they would respond to a member owning up to being a 'fortune teller' and seeing/working with the deadies.

Well.. as expected the heavily opposed to this stuff jumped in boots and all. Once again I read posts demanding scientific proof before anyone would stop saying, "Load of crap" and start thinking, "Might be possible, I don't know." And it went on like that day after day while I tried to answer all questions openly and honestly as best I could.

But instead of asking questions about how it works for me, or how I experience these things, they supplied info from a variety of scientific studies to 'prove' none of what I was saying could possibly be real. And thus I was a looney... or as one responder wrote.. "Oldie's f_cken loop fruit!!" Others weren't that nice. One in particular attacked me heavily, as he did in a previous thread when he took exception to what I said about something. This one even quoted from that other non-related thread to pursue it in the new thread.

I of course played as nicely as possible. I held my tongue when pushed, but still these few maintained their pushing to the point that one day was spent typing replies, and then typing more for the new responses that arrived in between. All bloody Day!! What a waste.

I was a bit shytey about it, so decided it was time for some get out of Gumbieville time.. which the next post covers. Hoped to get some clarity on how to approach it when I got back.

I think this post has answered it for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment