Monday 17 September 2012

Half the Gap Year is GONE

I struggle to understand it.. 6 months of my gap year has already passed.

Was supposed to buy a motorcycle... yep, did that and paying it off nicely.

Was supposed to get out on the road to meet more people and spend enough time camping along the way that I would come to know what I wanted to do with the rest of my life.... sort of done some of that.

My longest ride was only to Gympie for a few days and then back home via Brisvegas.. only about 1,000k's. And so far I have clocked up almost 10,000km's on the motorcycle.. so that's 9,000k's of just bumming around on the bike.. and still no idea of what to do.

So if nothing comes to me in the next 6 months I may have to take another Gap Year to fulfill what I wanted to do with this one.

I do know I want to tour around the country some time next year.. if possible. Meaning, if the Shit doesn't hit the fan big time then I could go on this journey.. could leave my kept belongings with family, and give up my rental accomodation of the past 5 or so years.. the girly would have to take the two cats.. well, they are supposed to be her cats after all.

That's a big step though.. maybe my worrying about whether I should do that or not is what is keeping me stuck still at the moment (?) I know it would feel weird having no fixed address.. never not had a place to call home in the past.. never not had my own place to rest my head at the end of the day. So giving my accomodation up is a BIG step.. then trying to live on the pension while on the road is also a BIG step.

Not sure what to do about the next full year on my Telstra contract if I decide to journey away for a few months.. would still have to pay for it even though I would not be using the internet or home phone portions of the already expensive monthly bill ($138 per month just for Internet and Phone).

Oh well... I still  think we are in a timeframe for major changes in our lives.. and I know I do not want to sit around this house every day doing nothing much at all really.. just want to get out and ride.. and not have to come back to Gumbieville each time.

So excited and also scared of doing what I want to do.. how silly is that ?

No comments:

Post a Comment