Sunday 14 October 2012

A first time for everything....

Yesterday dawned, and I went back to bed in the hope of a good sleep in before heading to Brissy for a day trip.. then the phone rang. Grrr!!

A couple I know who ride bikes asked if I wanted to ride along to a bike rally called "Bikes Through a Bar".. it sounded like a bit of fun so I canned my plans and took on this new outlook for the day.

We arrived after a 20 minute ride and parked up at the end of a row of nice looking bikes, only tobe told that parking was for the Show and Shine competitors bikes.... so I rode away to park elsewhere.. then changed my mind and parked again for the competition. Paid the $10 for charity and walked away to see what else was around to keep my entertained.

Spent a fair bit of time around the historic bikes, and some of the trade exhibits (sellers) before grabbing some lunch and coffee. Did the ride through the bar ($15 for charity) and parked her up again in the Show and Shine.. went off to watch the piglet racing.. a bit of fun for charity which raised a few hundred dollars just on that little bit of entertainment.

My friend found me and said they were about to call out the winners for the show and shine.. so we wandered over there to see. And that's when I got a big surprise!!!

My bike WON the category for Best Jap Bike out of 30 or so jap bikes in the competition !!

So I happily took my new trophy, had my piccy taken with a cute girly and promptly placed the trophy on my bike to show it off.. hahahahhhahahhaha.

It's funny how the universe offers up something different at times.. little opportunities to meet neww people and enjoy the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment