Wednesday 13 February 2013

Yay!! I got it...

After quite a bit of time being a grumpy old bastard I have finally come to understand something important.

And that is.... Unless someone effects me directly I have no need to be pissed off about their behaviour in public. Of course this does not apply when in my own house, so anyone behaves with disrespect and they get turfed out.. simple.

I was getting wound up about all the stupidity I see around me in every moment of every day..  some of which you can read in earlier posts here. I let the idiots get to me.. let them get under my skin. I tried to reform them by talking up and showing them a mirror.. all to no avail. Why ? Because they DO NOT CARE, they are "more important" and so they do not and cannot think of why they should improve their public behaviours.

The second issue was that no one else had the BALLS to speak up. Which tells me they are living in FEAR. I don't do fear, so was lacking in understanding why almost everyone else does. It confused me endlessly and caused me a lot of grief.

Now I get it. They are where they are in their overall perceptions, and there is NOTHING I can do to assist them into a clearer perception. So.. there is no point even trying.

Or as some wise person was alleged to have said a long time ago.... "Don't throw pearls before swine."

I used to hate that saying with a vengeance.. until I finally began to understand it is not being Judgemental on anyone, it is simply stating in the most simple of terms.. NOT to waste your energy, your breath, your thoughts on anything you cannot directly affect for the better.

So there ya have it. Simple idea, BIG gem to hold onto.

And hold onto it for dear life is something we will all be forced to do over the next year as we lose even more Freedoms and Rights, and have no recourse to have our say about it. There is NOTHING we can do to change anything that is oging on in the world around us today.

You do not have the power, nor do I.

So no point wasting anything we have on it. Better then to work on things we can Affect... our own actions, our own thought processes.. get out the back yard and put in a vegie patch coz you will need to supplement your food soon enough in order to save some dollars, etc.

Basically, it is time to work on yourself. Do the things you want to do that you can do now days within the very limited freedoms we still have. And.. let all others be who and where they are now without feeling the need to help or change anything... except for where it is something that you CAN change.

And that's it.. my newish outlook on life. It might sound like I am saying, "Me First!!".. and in a non-egotistic way that is what I am saying. We cannot be right for anyone else if we are not right with ourselves... fact of life... get used to it.

Oh... almost forgot... have NO EXPECTATIONS of anyone.. that way you cannot feel let down by another person.

There is method in this madness.



No comments:

Post a Comment