Saturday 15 October 2011

Oh No's.. I've become a Grumpy Old Fart.

It's true. Three weeks back I discovered I'd officially become a Senior.. about 18 months ago.

The Mind went into high gear and started talking to itself.. "But I don't feel old even if the body is getting there. It can't be true. Maybe I miscounted ?", and of course, "How did this happen?"

So that's the easy bit out of the way early, now onto the grumpy part.

People. Just people. They get up my nose very often each day. From the three or four people who cut me off at roundabouts while looking straight at me, to the many people dragging their little kids across the busy street only metres from a crossing.. from having to hear swearing at the shopping centre by kids and 'adults' to the absolute invasion of negative youth culture to the point that most people are Afraid of them... from seeing middle-aged TV men wearing teenagers hair styles to hearing 'adults' speak in TEXT.

I want to scream WAKE UP!!!!! But they would only look at me like I was the problem.

I speak up softly, and weather the looks of "Crazyman.. avoid him". Yep.. ignorance really is BLISS.

Can we get a whole town IQ tested? Man I would love to know what the average IQ is in Little Gumbieville. If I was a betting man I would put $100 on the answer being less than 60.. with many coming in around 5. And I wonder if this is so because only three families started this district all those years ago... well, the Local Gene Pool is very shallow.

I'm being serious here so stop giggling.

People. Isn't it weird how everyone expects everyone to be dishonest these days? People talk to me about a lot of stuff.. most of it is exaggerated or not really what happened.. even the little things! And most people say "But little white lies are okay".

Are they? Wouldn't little white lies still be Lying? And isn't lying Dishonesty?Are we all so afraid to speak Truthfully all of the time? If so then WHY?

People. Dumbarse parents who allow their kids to rule the world.. well, at least the house they live in. As if a Parents sole duty was to Keep the Kids Happy at All Times.

Guess what? It's not. So get over it and grow some Testicles. Maybe then we can turn this sinking ship of misguided Youth around so humanity has some sort of future that isn't one of ME ME ME ME.. NOW NOW NOW!!!

People. I love it when they smile, or go beyond their fears to be their best.

No comments:

Post a Comment