Saturday 12 January 2013

Internet cost versus service actually provided.

Trying to download something and it is running at only 20kb/s !! FFS!!

I live about 200 metres from the CBD in my town. I pay megabucks to have an ADSL2 internet connection that is supposed to provide me with up to 8mb/s.. and yet I rarely even see 1mb/s.

So I began to wonder......

Why do we ALLOW ourselves to be ripped off blind by our Telcos who are not supplying their advertised speeds, ever ?

Yes I have read the small print about speed variations, etc.... had to check that out before signing up to my current and previous deal.

What sizzles me about it all is simple.. I pay top dollar for what is supposed to be the fastest internet connection I can get in my area.. and I NEVER, EVER get the service provided to me that I am paying to have.

Sure I have internet connection and a full service home phone.. and mobile.. in order to get the internet portion down from $79 per month to $49 per month I had to have the above Bundle bullshit ripoff deal.

But where is my 2mb/s to 8mb/s service ???????

I've seen 2mb/s only twice in 3 years !!!!!

So why isn't my Telco reimbursing me for the service they cannot or are not providing to me at their advertised speeds, etc ?

Why do we not get Reimbursed for our payments on a sub-par service ? Why do I have to pay so much money for such little speed in the first place ? And why do I have to bundle shit I don't want just to have access to ADSL2 at a reasonable montly price ???????

Ripped OFF !!

Any other business that does not provide their advertised service and their advertised fee are made to reimburse the complainant... all except Telcos!

If you buy a burger that is sub-standard you can take it back for a refund.. or an upgrade for free... but not with our Telcos.

If you have car repairs done that are not up to stadard then you have some comeback on the mechanic.. but not with Telcos!!

If you buy anything that does not live up to the advertised standard.. then you are legally able to be reimbursed for that... BUT NOT WITH OUR TELCOS!!

WHY NOT ??


No comments:

Post a Comment