Friday 4 January 2013

Live on $35 per day ?

This what the MSM said..

Families Minister Jenny Macklin, has angered welfare and social service groups by claiming she could survive on Newstart payments of $246 a week - or about $35 a day.

So let's break that down in my case...

  $35
-  25 One seventh of my weekly rent.. which is cheap compared to most other rentals
= 10

So only $10 left already ? What do I do with that massive sum I wonder ?

Let's see..

 $10
-   5 per day is my cost of internet and phone services

Which of course means I would have only $5 left already, and that's without paying for fuel in the car, fuel in the bike, bike loan repayments, insurance, car and bike registration fees, or Electricity.

Subtracting the above items....

   $5
-   5 Fuel for car
-   5 Fuel for bike
= -$5

Continuing...

-$5
-  5 Loan repayments
-  2 Car Rego
-  1.50 Bike Rego

-$13.50 and some change
-    3 per day for Electricity

Bringing me to a total, not including FOOD, of  MINUS $16.50 per Day

Imagine how that would build up each week then....


Minus $16.50 per day x 7 days =  MINUS $115.50 Per WEEK

Of course this means I would not be able to afford to Eat, go anywhere, smoke ciggies, buy Cat Food, buy Clothing when needed, etc.

So.. I wonder how Jenny Macklin could possibly claim she could survive on only $35 per day from Newstart Allowance ?

I can imagine that if she lived in her already paid for Home, with her already bought Food, already paid for Phone and Internet Service, and her already paid for Transport costs.. then it is possible she could "survive" on that measly pittance.

If not, then she is full of shit like every other Politician alive today.



No comments:

Post a Comment