Thursday 13 December 2012

Bah Humbug!

I love that little phrase and only get to use it at one time of the year.

Christmas. What is it good for ?

I ask because WHY we do it confuses the hell out of me. I mean, most people spend way too much money every year on presents, decorations and food.. all for one little day of each year that really has nothing to do with when Jeshua was born in the middle east.

True that. He was not born on December 25th. Many scholars think he may have been born a few years earlier than currently Believed by Religionists, and that he was born just after mid-year.

So WHY do we do it ?

No one expects Muslim of Buddhist followers to DO christmas, but they all expect everyone else in the western world to DO it. WHY?

If I am not a christian then why should I DO it ?

Why put yourself through Shopping Hell, slaving in a hot kitchen to cook Traditional food eaten in Winter.. when it is Summer here in Oz ?

"Tis the season to be jolly"

Really ? So we are only expected to be jolly once a year ? Who thought up this crap ? And why do you all do it to death every year?

And who invented Santa Claus ? Why do we LIE to our kids about Santa ? When the day comes that they hear Santa is not real, they will KNOW you lied to them all their life.... how good is that for your kids ? Do you expect them to ever Believe you again ?

I do like the fact that many friends and family get to have some holidays at this time of the year... so I can ride around and catch up with them all..but I don't want to DO xmas.

I don't want to be expected to buy xmas cards made from Trees, p[ut them in envelpes made from Trees and pay to send them all over the country so that they can hang on a wall for a couple of weeks before being thrown into the rubbish bin.

Why do we do that ? Are we really that stupidly blind to being led by the nose and wallet every single year in December ?

Ahh December.. specifically the 25th... well, the Full Moon closest to that date. A time of the year that had major significance to most ancient peoples in the northern hemisphere.. and being six months opposed to the north, we here in the southern hemisphere see a another significant time of the year... but it is not Jesus's Birthday. Hell NO!!

Religion USURPED all the ancient days and festivals in order to convert Pagans in a less deadly way to how it had been done before that when Conversion was at the Point of a Sword normally.

I kind of feel as if by not DOING xmas, that I am heading towards the point of a virtual sword with family and others who EXPECT me to DO xmas.

Nope.. not me. I don't have to DO xmas anymore. And I won't be made to FEEL as if I am wrong or crazy for not FOLLOWING the Sheeple and their absurd ways at this time of the year.

"I'm an individual and you can't fool me."... hmmm, never really liked that song anyway, but the words certainly apply.

Christmas.......

BAH HUMBUG!!






No comments:

Post a Comment