Monday 10 December 2012

Gen Y bad form again.

Why is this such a massive problem in our world today ?

I was standing at the ATM, about to put my card in and hit the pin number when an aboriginal boy about 19 or 20, with his girlfriend suddenly appear to my right side only two feet away from me, facing me. So I stopped what I was doing and asked, "Are you just going to stay right there ?"

He said, "Oh.. so what am I gunna do ?"

Straight away I picked up his attitude of Whites thinking Blacks are doing something criminal.

So I replied, "It's just common Courtesy mate. So why not go stand just over there please ?".. as I pointed out where I stand when waiting for the ATM.

"Why should I", he asked with a hint of attitude.

I answered, "It's what I do for everyone. It is common courtesy."

He then said gruffly, "Just hurry up, I got to get some money out!"

I turned around to look at him again, with steely eyes because his attitude was starting to piss me off. I don't take orders from anyone, not Cops, not Bikers, and certainly not from some young upstart Boy with attitude. So I put my hand up towards him and said, "Drop the attitude mate."

Was that the end of it ?

Nope!!

He then started on about, "I'm not giving you any attitude, so just get on with it."

Hmm, another order by this upstart. I stopped what I was doing and turned around to look at him again with those steely eyes.. I could see in my mind's eye his throat in my right hand after he spat the dummy and went for me.

So I turned back to the ATM and said loud enough for him to hear me, "Unbelieveable! You got no respect for elders. Got no manners and think you are the most important person in the world."

He stepped forward and said in front of the growing crowd, "You didn't even say Please or Thank You did you?"

I cancelled the selection on the ATM, pulled my card out and as I was putting it in my wallet I looked at him rush forward.. so I said, "If you had listened to me you would have heard me ask you to move over there please." And I moved away from the ATM.

He of course rushed in and couldn't help himself, "Yeah Buddy whatever!" he spat out as I walked away.

I still don't understand WHY Gen Y and the newer Gen X think they are the most important people in the world.. ALL THE TIME! I see 90% of them have NO MANNERS at all, NO Respect for others and in most cases NO RESPECT for themselves either.

How I wish for the good old days when an older man could thump a young man for being an arsehole to him... and that is what we need to pull these Self-important idiot Youth's heads in.. by learning that there are ALWAYS Consequences to your choice of action, lack of manners and common sense.








No comments:

Post a Comment