Sunday 19 February 2012

Banks... Oldie is not happy with you

Some of you know I want to buy a cheap motorcycle for a Gap Year.. been saving but it will take forever at this rate due to the value of the bike I want suddenly skyrocketing after xmas last year.. seems a lot of old farts want this particular brand of bike now days.

Four months ago I found a lot for sale with fairly low miles and plenty of after market additions to improve the bikes.. all were for sale in Queensland. All other Aussie states had ridiculous prices for the same kind of bike with similar mileage.. and Toowoomba, just up the road from me had the highest prices in Queensland for the same bike... nothing new there since they all think their old shit is worth gazillions.

So, last week I go into my bank to see about a measly little 5 grand loan... repayments of only $153 per month.. almost the same as my internet and phone costs.. so all good I thought, I can easily repay that over four years..... No says the Loans Manager.. YOU can't afford it based on the bank's figure for the cost of living for everyone in this district!!!

WTF??? That's only $38 per week.. two packets of smokes... a week's worth of Iced Coffee.. two night's Take Aways.. yep.. a tiny drop in the bucket.

So Friday I return to the bank to discuss the 7 year loan for that measly 5 grand.. and this time the loans manager is more friendly... she says YES you can afford to repay this laon, and you can afford to put more on to reduce the term length, etc. Do you want Contents Insurance while you are here?

Hmmm.. thinking that might help sweeten the deal in my favour I say Yes please, let's do this. And we all sit happily smiling about the loan and me being able to go buy a bike soon.

Then late last night I get an email from the Bank...... Rejected!!

Why? Because I did not meet their minimum income requirements.

WTF??? I thought we worked through all the garbage about whether I could afford to pay off the loan and found I could easily do it.. as I had been telling them all along.

So what to do now?

Well.. I am being a bit of a bastard about it.. tomorrow I go in and close all my accounts.. take the offered cooling off period on the Insurance deal andf take my business to the Credit Union and see if they will lend me that measly 5 grand for my much needed bike.

I can tell you, last night when I thought all hope was lost except to save for years and years to try and catch up with the increasing prices on this bike.. which wil never happen and so Oldie is really, really, really, pissed off right now.

Can't imagine not buying a bike and having some enjoyment before I die.. so something has to give to make this happen for me.. or I think I will just give up, not bother trying and just go away quietly and drag through the next few years of being pissed off with everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment