Thursday 9 February 2012

Telstra.. what a Rip off !!

I read this today...

Telstra said net profit for the six months to December 31, 2011, came in at $1.468 billion, up 22.9 per cent from the prior corresponding period.

It's no wonder if my latest expeprience is anything to go by.

So.. I went into the Telstra shop after closing my account with Optus for my Mobile phone as I had done some research over the past 6 months to find a way to save some dollars on the cost of my internet connection... which I was already paying $69.95 per month for with Basic Home line cost of $23 for Line Rental.

Bastards are make a killing out of that in my area since they REFUSE to add the small infrustructure to the Exchange in order to offer Naked DSL Here... and every time I have asked about over the pst 4 years they tell me there is no plans to offer that service.. full stop.

I explained to the young man at Telstra that I wanted the $49.95 per month, 50GB ADSL2 plan which as far as I knew required a full service home phone and a mobile in order to get the internet for that price.

My phone then would not boot up with the new sim card in it.. so I had to take a New Galaxy S2 instead, which the young man said would only cost me an extra $10 per week with its $59 Cap giving me $550 on call credits.

I of course thought that meant I only had to pay the $10 per month and was not aware that the $59 Cap meant it would ADD another $59 to the Bill.. I thought it was covered in the Deal I was about to sign up for... because it was not explained to me that it was an extra cost.

So... after 1.5 weeks AI got the first Bill... holy crap!! $207 !!

I went straight down to the Telstra shop to sort it out but was told the guy I had spoken to was busy for the next 2 hours so I shold phone the number I was then supplied with.. I have come across this sort of being Fobbed-Off before by Big W over a Playstation I bought that was faulty... and they were trying to put me off until the Warranty ran out.

Well, I phoned that number and over ther next hour an Australian Telstra employee tried to convince me to change over to a more expensive plan. We alsmot got into an argument every time I told her I only wanted the $49.95 50GB ADSL 2 Deal on the webpage, plus suitable phone line access to obtain that price.

"I can't get to the webpage as we are having computer issues at the moment.", she told me. But she was able to get to the webpage detailing Bundle Deals on the Telstra website... how curious I thought.

At the end of that call I was still not being HEARD about what I wanted. The women said she would call me back the next day for an answer... so when she called again I told her I had not decided and wanted to look at what the Cooling Off periods are and gather more information about what I could do, etc.

I then rang the Telecommunications Ombudsmans Office in Melbourne. a free call by the way... and explained my situation and was told I had a good case to go forward with !! I was asked if I wanted to progress my complaint further.. and I said I would wait until I talked again with the Telstra women when she calls me back on Friday this week.

Oh, and only Cold Calls have a Cooling Off Period.. walking out of a Telstra shop with new Contract in hand has NO Cooling-Off period at all !!!!!!!!!!

So.... I will be telling the Telstra women that I ONLY WANT the original deal I thought I was signing up for.. and not the $69.95 per month deal I was being charged for on the new Bill. And I will tell her they can take the Galaxy S2 back as I will use my old phone and get a Pre-Paid $20 per month credit going on it in order to bring my costs down to what is cheaper than what I was paying before.. and since they new contract came into play.

If I have no satisfaction from Telstra I will then be going back to the Telecommunications Ombudsman to go ahead with my complaint.. stay tuned for the Big Shit Fight to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment